Tuesday 7 October 2014

Woodpecker-time

Summer is gone now... but last week we still had a few dry and sunny days.
While in the hide I noticed there was more activity, more birds drinking and bathing. After spending a few hours in the hide I was happy with the result. Finally I had a Green woodpecker (Groene specht) visiting. As long as I know it was only the second time it came to the hide (first time on trailcam). Also Great spotted woodpecker (Grote bonte specht) came over a few times.
Other visitors that day: Great tit (Koolmees), Blue tit (Pimpelmees), Chaffinch (Vink), Blackbird (Merel), Song thrush (Zanglijster), Robin (Roodborst), Short-toed treecreeper (Boomkruiper) and Eurasian Jay (Gaai). Northern goshawk (Havik) and Sparrowhawk (Sperwer) are also still visiting every few days.
More new photos here on my website.

Green woodpecker

Green woodpecker

Green woodpecker

female Great spotted woodpecker

Blue tit

No comments:

Post a Comment