Monday 24 November 2014

Nature never ceases to amaze me

A few days I go I was walking to the hide to check the trailcam and to refill the feeders. I was in a hurry and not really paying attention. When I approached a kind of small dry canal I had to cross I suddenly noticed a Roe deer (Ree) lying on the ground, only 3 meters away. The deer was very calm and chewing it's food. I was very surprised the deer didn't run away since I was standing in the open. Mayby it was sick or hurt ? I took an old small camera out of the inner pocket of my jacket (I use this camera to see the results of the trailcam) and took a photo. Then, suddenly, a few seconds later the deer jumped up and ran off. It was obvious that the deer was not sick or injured but only thinking it was 'camouflaged' and that I couldn't see him. All together it took only 20 or 30 seconds but seeing the deer so close was really a beautiful experience.

 Roe deer

No comments:

Post a Comment