Thursday 4 June 2015

Han Bouwmeester - hide

When I was in Gambia last april I also arranged 1 day in a photo hide of Han Bouwmeester, a Dutch photographer who rents different hides in Holland but also 1 in The Gambia near Pirang. The guide Yankuba picked me up at my hotel at the coast near Senegambia and after a 1 hour drive we arrived at the hide with a drinking and bathing spot for the birds. It was the end of the dry season so there wasn't much green scenery. I spend about 4 to 5 hours in the hide. Because of dry season I expected more different species and some birds were not in there beautiful breeding plumage. But after all I enjoyed it. Species I've seen/photographed: Marsh harrier, Laughing dove, Blue-spotted wood dove, Namaque dove, Blue-cheeked bee-eater, male and female Greater honeyguide, Common bulbul, Red-billed quelea, Village weaver, Northern Red bishop, Red-cheeked Cordonblue, Grey-headed sparrow and a Agame.





 Blue-cheeked bee-eater

 Blue-spotted wood dove

 Common bulbul

 Northern Red bishop

 Village weaver

 Namaque dove

 female Greater honeyguide

Blue-cheeked Cordonbleu

No comments:

Post a Comment