Saturday 5 December 2015

Black woodpecker

Last week only 2 hours in my hide gave me 2 new species. I was already wondering why there were no Great spotted woodpeckers (Grote bonte specht) visiting the feeders. Now finally they found the hide and the Great spotted woodpecker is a regular visitor. A more remarkable visitor last week was a male Black woodpecker (Zwarte specht). I heard he was looking for food on the trees around the hide all the time. Once I saw him a brief moment on a tree within reach and I took some shots. Not the shots I dreamed about but it's proof he was there. I hope the Black woodpecker will become a regular visitor ! Besides the woodpeckers all the normal visitors are still coming over. Every time I go to the hide new visitors are showing. I hope to be able to spend more time at the hide in the future... .

 Great spotted woodpecker

Great spotted woodpecker

 record shot Black woodpecker

  record shot Black woodpecker

European robin

No comments:

Post a Comment